Chrishall (Holy Trinity)
CHRISHALL (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Saffron-Walden, hundred of Uttlesford, N. division of Essex, 7 miles (E.) from Royston; containing 521 inhabitants. It comprises 2767a. 10p., of which the surface is diversified, and the higher lands are pleasantly situated. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £13; net income, £200; patron, the Bishop of London; appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1807. The church is a handsome structure, with a square embattled tower surmounted by a spire.