CHORLTON, a township, in the parish of Malpas, union of Wrexham, Higher division of the hundred of Broxton, S. division of the county of Chester, 2¼ miles (W. by N.) from Malpas; containing 150 inhabitants. The manor was held by the Birds, and afterwards by the Claytons, under the St. Pierres and their successors. The township comprises 447 acres, of a sandy and gravelly soil, with some clay. The tithes have been commuted for £60. Roman coins of the reigns of Valerian and Posthumus were dug up in a field here, in March, 1818.