CHISWORTH, a township, in the parish and union of Glossop, hundred of High Peak, N. division of the county of Derby, 9 miles (N. N. W.) from Chapel-en-le-Frith; containing 532 inhabitants. It comprises 844 acres, and has an old romantic village, seated about four miles south-west of Glossop. There are a colliery, a cotton-spinning factory, and an establishment for candlewicks. A Methodist place of worship was built in 1831. The ruins of an old chapel and monastery still exist at this place.