Chinnor (St. Andrew)
CHINNOR (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Wycombe, hundred of Lewknor, county of Oxford, 3½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Watlington; containing, with the liberty of Henton, 1308 inhabitants. The parish comprises 2485 acres, of which 150 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £26. 0 5., and in the patronage of Sir James Musgrave, Bart.: the incumbent's tithes have been commuted for £701. 12., and the glebe contains upwards of 15 acres, with a glebe-house; a rent-charge of £50 is paid to the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is an elegant structure, partly in the early and partly in the decorated English style, with an embattled tower strengthened by buttresses; it contains some brasses and interesting monuments. The Roman Ikeneld-street enters the county at this place, and crossing the Thames, points towards Goring.