Chesterton (St. Mary)
CHESTERTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Bicester, hundred of Ploughley, county of Oxford, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Bicester; containing 393 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 8. 9.; net income, £210; patrons and appropriators, the Warden and Fellows of New College, Oxford. The tithes were commuted for land in 1767. The church was consecrated in 1238. The Roman Akeman-street crosses the parish.