CHESSINGTON, a parish, in the union of Epsom, Second division of the hundred of Copthorne and Effingham, W. division of Surrey, 3 miles (S.) from Kingston; containing 226 inhabitants. The parish comprises by admeasurement 1223 acres, of which 970 are arable, and about 200 pasture; the soil is chiefly clay. It is annexed to the vicarage of Malden, and the Warden and Fellows of Merton College, Oxford, are impropriators: the tithes have been commuted for £305, and the glebe contains 25 acres. The church is in the early English style. There is a strong chalybeate spring, called Jessop's Well.