CHEESEBURN-GRANGE, a township, in the parish of Stamfordham, union of Castle ward, N. E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12 miles (N. W. by W.) from Newcastle-upon-Tyne; containing 56 inhabitants. This township, anciently called Chyseburgh, is situated on the river Pont, and comprises 795a. 2r. 39p. of high table land, upon a substratum of blue mountain limestone: it is the property of Edward Riddell, Esq., high sheriff for the county in 1841, to whose ancestor the estate passed, in the female line, from Sir Thomas Widdrington. Mr. Riddell has a beautiful seat here, which has been much improved, and attached to the mansion is a Roman Catholic chapel. The township having been annexed to the abbey at Hexham, it is free from large tithes: the vicarial tithes have been commuted for £8. 13., and 10s. are payable to the Bishop of Durham.