Chedgrave (All Saints)
CHEDGRAVE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Loddon and Clavering, hundred of Loddon, E. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (N. by W.) from Loddon; containing 348 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1432 acres, of which 492 are arable, 822 pasture, and 92 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 6. 8., and in the gift of Sir W. B. Proctor, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £220, and the glebe comprises 6 acres. The church is chiefly in the decorated style, and has a low tower at the north-east end; it was repewed in 1819, and ornamented with a handsome east window of stained glass, by the Rev. T. H. W. Beauchamp. The entrances on the north and south are through richly-decorated Norman doorways.