Cheddington (St. Giles)
CHEDDINGTON (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Leighton-Buzzard, hundred of Cottesloe, county of Buckingham, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Tring; containing, with part of Seabrook hamlet, 439 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1389 acres, of which 1023 are arable, 215 meadow and pasture, and 140 common. The London and Birmingham railway passes about a mile to the east of the village, and near this place the branch railway to Aylesbury commences. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £15. 9. 7., and in the patronage of the Trustees of the Earl of Bridgewater: the tithes have been commuted for £300, and the glebe contains 81 acres, with a glebe-house.