Charlton-Musgrave (St. Stephen)
CHARLTON-MUSGRAVE (St. Stephen), a parish, in the union of Wincanton, hundred of Norton-Ferris, E. division of Somerset, 1 mile (N. N. E.) from Wincanton; containing 409 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 10., and in the gift of the family of Lier: the tithes have been commuted for £450, and the glebe comprises 52 acres, with a glebe-house. Dr. William Musgrave, physician and antiquary, was born here in 1657.