CHALBURY, a parish, in the union of Wimborne and Cranborne, hundred of Badbury, Wimborne division of Dorset, 5 miles (N. by E.) from Wimborne-Minster; containing, with the tything of Didlington, 152 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1355 acres, of which about 584 are arable, 274 down, pasture, and meadow, 176 woodland, and 279 common. The village is situated on rising ground, commanding a fine view of the Needles and the British Channel. A particular sort of fine sand, used by founders, is obtained. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10. 2½., and in the gift of the Earl of Pembroke: the tithes have been commuted for £180, and the glebe contains about 30 acres, with a glebe-house. At Didlington was a chapel, now a farmhouse, near which foundations of houses are often discovered in turning up the ground. There is a chalybeate spring.