CHACEWATER, an ecclesiastical district, partly in the parish of Kenwyn, and partly in that of St. Kea, union of Truro, W. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall, 5 miles (W. by S.) from Truro. This place is situated on the road from Truro to Penzance, and in the heart of a district abounding with mineral wealth. In the neighbourhood are several rich tin and copper mines, from the workings of the latter of which, near the surface, silver has been extracted in quantities greater than was anticipated. A considerable customary market for provisions is held on Saturday. The living is a perpetual curacy; patron, the Vicar of Kenwyn; net income, £150. The church, a handsome edifice, dedicated to St. Paul, in the later English style, with a lofty tower, was erected in 1828, the Parliamentary Commissioners granting £2000. There are places of worship for Baptists, Bryanites, and Primitive and Wesleyan Methodists.