Cavenham (St. Andrew)
CAVENHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Mildenhall, hundred of Lackford, W. division of Suffolk, 4½ miles (S. E.) from Mildenhall; containing 277 inhabitants. The river Lark is navigable on the north of this parish, where it is crossed by Temple bridge. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 5. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £113; impropriator, H. S. Waddington, Esq. The vicarial tithes were commuted for land in 1801. The sum of about £22 per annum, the rental of 80 acres of land under an inclosure act, is applied to the purchase of coal for the poor.