CAULDWELL, a chapelry, in the parish of Stapenhill, union of Burton-upon-Trent, hundred of Repton and Gresley, S. division of the county of Derby, 5¼ miles (S. by E.) from Burton; containing 153 inhabitants. The manor was sold by William, Lord Paget, in 1565, to Peter Collingwood, Esq., from whose family it passed by successive marriages to the families of Sanders and Mortimer; it afterwards came by purchase to Henry Evans, Esq., of Burton. The township comprises 1040 acres of land, east of the Trent. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £257, and the vicarial for £146. 10. The chapel is dedicated to St. Giles, and is a small structure with a tower. The Baptists have a place of worship.