Catworth, Great (St. Leonard)
CATWORTH, GREAT (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of St. Neot's, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Kimbolton; containing 637 inhabitants. It is situated on the London and Oundle road, and comprises about 2000 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17. 16. 10½.; net income, £337; patrons, the Principal and Fellows of Brasenose College, Oxford. The tithes were commuted for corn rents, under an inclosure act, in 1795; the glebe contains 60 acres, with a glebe-house. The church is in the early English style, and ornamented with a spire. The Baptists and Wesleyans have places of worship. Sir Wolstan Dixie, lord mayor of London in 1585, was born here.