CATSHILL, an ecclesiastical district, in the parish and union of Bromsgrove, Upper division of the hundred of Halfshire, Droitwich and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 2¼ miles (N.) from Bromsgrove, on the road to Stourbridge; containing about 3000 inhabitants. This district is formed of the north part of the parish, and includes the celebrated Bromsgrove Lickey, from which is a most extensive and diversified prospect. The greater part of the population is employed in the manufacture of nails, and the rest in agriculture. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Bromsgrove; net income, £150, including an augmentation from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The church, dedicated to Christ, was built in 1838, at a cost of nearly £2000; it is in the early English style, with a tower, and has 546 sittings, whereof 404 are free. There are places of worship for Baptists, Primitive Methodists, and Wesleyans; and a Sunday school in connexion with the church.