Caston (Holy Cross)
CASTON (Holy Cross), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wayland, W. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (S. E.) from Watton; containing 513 inhabitants, and comprising about 1600 acres. The living is a rectory, united to the rectories of Rockland All Saints and St. Andrew, and valued in the king's books at £11. 19. 2.: the glebe comprises 59 acres. The church is a spacious edifice in the decorated and later English styles, with a tower; the interior contains a monument of the founder, supposed to be one of the Castons. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.