Carlton Islebeck or Miniott
CARLTON ISLEBECK or MINIOTT, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Thirsk, wapentake of Birdforth, N. riding of York, 2½ miles (W. by S.) from Thirsk; containing 313 inhabitants. It comprises 1533 acres, of which 25a. 2r. 29p. are roads and waste: the village is pleasantly situated on the road from Thirsk to Ripon, and about one mile west of the York and Newcastle railway. The living is a perpetual curacy, with a net income of £103, and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York, who is appropriator, and whose tithes have been commuted for £247; those of the perpetual curate of the parish produce £73, and those of the rector of Kirby-Knowle £16. The chapel is small. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.