Carlby (St. Stephen)
CARLBY (St. Stephen), a parish, in the union of Bourne, wapentake of Ness, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 5 miles (N. by E.) from Stamford; containing 216 inhabitants. It lies near the borders of Rutland, and comprises 1336a. 9p. of land. The village is scattered. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 1. 10½.; net income, £195; patrons, the Marquess of Exeter and Sir John Wyldbore Smith, Bart. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1804: there is a good glebe-house. The church has a tower crowned by a spire.