Capel (St. Mary)
CAPEL (St. Mary), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Samford, E. division of Suffolk, 7 miles (S. W.) from Ipswich; containing 608 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1876 acres. The living is a rectory, with that of Little Wenham consolidated, valued in the king's books at £13. 18. 4.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. J. Tweed. The tithes have been commuted for £522, and the glebe comprises 22 acres, with a good glebe-house.