Calthorpe (St. Margaret)
CALTHORPE (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Aylsham; containing 214 inhabitants. It comprises 1048 acres, of which 40 are common or waste; the soil is in general rich and loamy: a small tributary of the river Bure forms the boundary of the greater part. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of the Corporation of Norwich; impropriator, the Earl of Orford. The great tithes have been commuted for £195, and the vicarial for £138; the impropriate glebe consists of 34 acres, and the vicar's comprises 23 acres.