Calstone-Wellington (St. Mary)
CALSTONE-WELLINGTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the parliamentary borough, union, and hundred of Calne, Chippenham and Calne, and N. divisions of Wilts, 3 miles (S. E. by E.) from Calne; containing 31 inhabitants. It comprises 183 acres; the surface is hilly, and the soil various, in some parts chalk, and in others a fertile loam. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 13. 4.; net income, £192; patron, the Marquess of Lansdowne. A portion of the vicarial tithes was commuted for land in the year 1813.