Calceby (St. Andrew)
CALCEBY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Marsh division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4¾ miles (W.) from Alford; containing 52 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from Wainfleet to Great Grimsby, and comprises about 618 acres; it lies towards the southern extremity of the chalk formation of the county, of which a bold line of hills in the neighbouring parish of Drily forms part of the eastern escarpment towards the sea. The living is a discharged vicarage, united, in 1774, to the rectory of South Ormsby, and valued in the king's books at £5. 10. 2½.; impropriator, C. B. Massingberd, Esq.