Barningham (St. Andrew)
BARNINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Ixworth; comprising by measurement 1556 acres, and containing 508 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Coney-Weston annexed, valued in the king's books at £13. 9. 2.; net income, £770; patron, R. Hunt, Esq. The glebe consists of about 25 acres. The church is in the decorated style, with an embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Land and tenements called the Town estate are let for about £35 per annum, applied to the repairs of the church and general parochial purposes; and the sum of £21, the rental of an allotment of 20 acres, is laid out in coal for poor families.