Barnham-Broom (St. Peter and St. Paul)
BARNHAM-BROOM (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 4¾ miles (N. N. W.) from Wymondham; containing 494 inhabitants. This parish comprises by measurement 1760 acres: at the western boundary is a small stream, on which is a flour-mill: the common was inclosed in 1811, when 19 acres were allotted to the poor for fuel. The living is a rectory, with that of Bixton and the vicarage of Kimberly united, valued in the king's books at £12. 8. 1½.; net income, £524, with 19 acres of glebe, and a house; patron, Lord Wodehouse. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower. There was formerly a church dedicated to St. Michael in the same churchyard.