Barnby-In-The-Willows (All Saints)
BARNBY-IN-THE-WILLOWS (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Newark, S. division of the wapentake of Newark and of the county of Nottingham, 4¼ miles (E. by S.) from Newark; containing 266 inhabitants, and comprising by measurement 1400 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 9. 9½., and in the patronage of the Chapter of the Collegiate Church of Southwell: the incumbent's tithes have been commuted for £219. 10., with a glebe of 29 acres, and those of the impropriators for £140, with a glebe of 42 acres. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Flawford, a farm of 250 acres, anciently belonged to the Knights Templars.