BARLOW, a chapelry, in the parish of Brayton, union of Selby, Lower division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York, 3¼ miles (S. E.) from Selby; containing 284 inhabitants. It is on the south bank of the Ouse, and comprises by computation 2150 acres; the railway from Selby to Hull passes at a short distance on the north. The living is a donative; net income, £30; patron, G. H. Thompson, Esq.; impropriator, the Hon. E. R. Petre. The tithes were commuted for land, under an inclosure act, in 1800. The church is a small edifice.