Banningham (St. Botolph)
BANNINGHAM (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N. E.) from Aylsham; containing 329 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1000 acres of land, of which the surface is flat, and the soil a strong loam on brick earth. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 15. 10., and in the gift of S. Bignold, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £375, and the glebe consists of 18 acres. The church is in the decorated and later English styles, with a lofty embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists.