Badley (St. Mary)
BADLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, E. division of Suffolk, 2 miles (W. N. W.) from Needham; containing 83 inhabitants. This parish comprises about 1200 acres. It is situated on the navigable river Gipping, by which it is bounded on the north-east; and is traversed by the road from Ipswich to Bury-St. Edmund's. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £40; patron and impropriator, the Earl of Ashburnham. The church is an ancient structure, containing many memorials of the Poleys.