Badgington, or Bagendon (St. Margaret)
BADGINGTON, or Bagendon (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Cirencester, hundred of Crowthorne and Minety, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3¼ miles (N.) from Cirencester; containing 172 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1100 acres of land in good cultivation: stone of inferior quality is raised for road-making and rough building. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 4. 4½., and in the gift of Jesus College, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £200, and the glebe consists of about 78 acres.