Babington (St. Margaret)
BABINGTON (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Frome, hundred of Kilmersdon, E. division of Somerset, 5½ miles (W. N. W.) from Frome; containing 163 inhabitants. It comprises 800 acres; and contains abundance of limestone, and some coal, of which a mine is in full operation. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the gift of Col. Jolliffe: the tithes have been commuted for £116, and the glebe consists of about 7 acres. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; also a school endowed with £20 per annum, bequeathed in 1758 by Elizabeth Long.