Bythorn (St. Lawrence)
BYTHORN (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Leightonstone, county of Huntingdon, 6½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Kimbolton; containing 322 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Huntingdon to Northampton, and comprises by measurement 1500 acres. The living is united, with that of Old Weston, to the rectory of Brington: the tithes have been commuted for £20. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists. John Mason Hustwait, in 1816, bequeathed £300, the interest of which is appropriated to the teaching of children.