Byley, with Yatehouse
BYLEY, with Yatehouse, a township, in the parish of Middlewich, union and hundred of Northwich, S. division of the county of Chester, 1¼ mile (N. E. by N.) from Middlewich; containing 149 inhabitants. The manor of "Bively" was given by Richard de Aldford to the abbey of Pulton. After the dissolution of religious houses, it was purchased of the crown by Geffrey Shakerley, ancestor of the present family. The township comprises 1002 acres of land, the soil of which is clay. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £128. 15. 9.