Bylaugh (St. Mary)
BYLAUGH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (N. E.) from East Dereham; containing 85 inhabitants. It comprises 1544a. 2r. 19p., of which 1100 acres are arable, 200 pasture, and 200 woodland and heath. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £82; patron and impropriator, E. Lombe, Esq., whose tithes have been commuted for £200. The church, which is in the later English style, with a tower circular in the lower and octangular in the upper part, was thoroughly repaired in 1809, when the chancel was rebuilt and transepts added by the late Sir John Lombe, who lies buried in the north transept.