Butterwick (St. Andrew)
BUTTERWICK (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Boston, wapentake of Skirbeck, parts of Holland, county of Lincoln, 1 mile (N. N. E.) from Bennington; containing 579 inhabitants. It is situated on the road between Boston and Wainfleet, and comprises 1766a. 26p. The living is a discharged vicarage, united in 1751 to that of Frieston, and valued in the king's books at £8. 4. 2.: the tithes have been commuted for land. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. A grammar shool was endowed in 1665, by the Rev. Joshua Pinchbeck, with the rent of 130 acres of land, now valued at £280 per annum; besides which, there are various minor sums for the poor.