Buscot, or Burwascot (St. Mary)
BUSCOT, or Burwascot (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Farringdon, hundred of Shrivenham, county of Berks, 1½ mile (S. by E.) from Lechlade; containing 405 inhabitants, and comprising 2684a. 2r. 31p. About 100 acres are cottages and waste. Buscot-Park House, beautifully situated on the bank of the Thames, was built in 1781, by Pryse Loveden, Esq.; prior to which, the family mansion of the Lovedens was near the church. Mr. Loveden took the name of Pryse, on coming into possession of property in Wales, as heir to his maternal grandfather. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £21. 2. 8½., and in the patronage of Pryse Pryse, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £535, and the glebe consists of 64 acres.