Burton-Pedwardine (St. Andrew)
BURTON-PEDWARDINE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Sleaford, wapentake of Ashwardhurn, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 4½ miles (S. E. by E.) from Sleaford; containing 125 inhabitants, and comprising by computation 1800 acres. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 12. 8½.; patron and impropriator, H. Handley, Esq.: the glebe comprises 263 acres, valued at £332 per annum. The church is a plain edifice, built in 1802, to replace the former structure, which had been erected in 1340, on the site of a still more ancient foundation; one of the chapels of the old church is still existing. There are some remains of the seat of Thomas Horseman, taster to Queen Elizabeth; and several tumuli.