Burton-Overy (St. Andrew)
BURTON-OVERY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Billesdon, hundred of Gartree, S. division of the county of Leicester, 7½ miles (S. E. by E.) from Leicester; containing 449 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1800 acres, and has an undulated surface, with a strong clay soil. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18. 5. 10.; net income, £497; patron and incumbent, the Rev. R. Thorp. The tithes were commuted in 1765 for land, and the glebe now consists of 272 acres, to which there is a good glebehouse.