Burston (St. Mary)
BURSTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Depwade, hundred of Diss, E. division of Norfolk, 2¾ miles (N. E. by N.) from Diss; containing 468 inhabitants, and comprising 1449a. 13p. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £16, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £470, and the glebe comprises 76 acres, with a parsonage-house erected in 1840, by the Rev. T. Frere. The church is a handsome edifice in the decorated English style, with an embattled tower.