Burmington (St. Nicholas)
BURMINGTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Shipston-upon-Stour, Brails division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 1½ mile (S.) from Shipston; containing 188 inhabitants. The parish comprises 801 acres, of which 216 are common or waste. It is situated on the borders of Gloucestershire and a detached portion of the county of Worcester, and is intersected by the road from Birmingham to Oxford; the river Stour flows along its western boundary. The living is a rectory; net income, £197; patrons, the Warden and Fellows of Merton College, Oxford; incumbent, the Rev. E. Griffith. The church, having fallen into ruins, was rebuilt on a smaller scale, in 1693.