Bunwell (St. Michael)
BUNWELL (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. E. by E.) from New Buckenbam; containing 1001 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from New Buckenham to Norwich. The manufacture of bombasines is carried on to a limited extent. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17, and in the patronage of the family of Buxton: the tithes have been commuted for £744. 8., and the glebe comprises 52 acres. The church is chiefly in the later English style, and consists of a nave and chancel, with an embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. The proceeds of a town estate, about £30 per annum, are applied to the repairing of the church, and the relief of the poor.