Bullington (St. Michael)
BULLINGTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Andover, hundred of Wherwell, Andover and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 5 miles (S. by W.) from Whitchurch; containing 187 inhabitants. It comprises 1623 acres, of which 23 are common or waste; the soil is of a mixed quality, but generally fertile. The surface is varied, rising in some parts into hills of moderate elevation; and the lower grounds are watered by a branch of the river Test, which flows through the parish. The living is annexed, with that of Tufton, to the vicarage of Wherwell: the tithes of Bullington have been commuted for £361. 13., of which £272. 6. are payable to the impropriator, who has a glebe of 15 acres, and £89. 7. to the incumbent. At a place called Titbury Hill is an intrenched area of about ten acres, in which square stones, Roman coins, and the remains of some wells have been discovered.