BULCOTE, a chapelry, in the parish of Burton-Joyce, union of Southwell, S. division of the wapentake of Thurgarton and of the county of Nottingham, 6 miles (N. E. by E.) from Nottingham; containing 154 inhabitants. This place comprises 970 acres, mostly arable; the soil is clay. Bulcote Lodge is a neat mansion. The tithes were commuted for land in 1768. The chapel is a small and plain edifice.