Bugbrooke (St. Michael)
BUGBROOKE (St. Michael), a parish, in the hundred of Newbottle-Grove, union, and S. division of the county, of Northampton, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Northampton; containing 953 inhabitants. The London and Birmingham railway and the Grand Junction canal pass through the parish, which is bounded on the north by the river Nene, and on the west by the Roman Watling-street. It comprises by admeasurement 2188 acres, nearly equally divided between arable and pasture. The railway occupies 49 acres, and the rateable annual value of such property, in the parish, is returned at £3600: the Weedon station is distant four miles. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £34; net income, £800, with a good glebe-house; patron and incumbent, the Rev. J. H. Harrison. The church exhibits various styles of English architecture; it has a square tower surmounted by a spire, and contains a fine wooden screen, and an octagonal font highly enriched: the interior was repaired in 1828; and the churchyard enlarged in 1845. There are places of worship for Particular Baptists and the Society of Friends.