Budbrook (St. Michael)
BUDBROOK (St. Michael), a parish, in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, union, and S. division of the county, of Warwick, 1½ mile (W. N. W.) from Warwick; containing 508 inhabitants. This parish, which is near the road from Warwick to Birmingham, comprises by measurement 3150 acres; the surrounding scenery is richly varied, and there are some views, from the higher grounds, of the town and castle of Warwick. Grove Park, in the parish, was presented by Queen Elizabeth to her favourite, Dudley, Earl of Leicester. The Birmingham and Warwick and the Napton canals meet in the parish. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of the Rev. H. White: the tithes have been commuted for £427. 5. The church, a neat edifice in good repair, has been beautified, and several of the windows embellished with stained glass. There is a Roman Catholic chapel at Hampton Hill, the seat of Lord Dormer. A parochial school is endowed with £22. 11. per annum, a portion of the rental of land bequeathed in 1701 by Job Marston.