Bucknall, with Bagnall (St. Mary)
BUCKNALL, with Bagnall (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stoke-upon-Trent, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford, 1½ mile (E.) from Hanley; containing, with the townships of Bagnall, Bucknall, Eaves, and Ubberley, 1609 inhabitants, of whom 638 are in Bucknall township. These places lie from four to seven miles north-east of Stoke: both villages are agricultural. The road from Hanley to Cheadle passes through the parish. Bucknall was formerly a chapelry in the parish of Stoke, but was separated from it by an act passed in 1807, and, with the chapelry of Bagnall, constituted a distinct rectory. The living is not in charge; net income, £200; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Edward Powys. The church, a small edifice in an elevated situation, was rebuilt in 1718: the chapel of ease at Bagnall was rebuilt in 1834.