Buckland, East (St. Michael)
BUCKLAND, EAST (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of South Molton, hundred of Braunton, South Molton and N. divisions of Devon, 5 miles (N. W. by N.) from South Molton; containing 167 inhabitants. It is the property of Earl Fortescue, and contains by computation 1384 acres. The living is a rectory, with that of Filleigh consolidated, valued in the king's books at £9. 1. 8., and in the patronage of the Earl: the tithes of the parish have been commuted for £140, and the glebe comprises 28 acres. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.