Bryanston (St. Martin)
BRYANSTON (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Blandford, hundred of Pimperne, Blandford division of Dorset, 1½ mile (N. W. by W.) from Blandford-Forum; containing 144 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Stour, which forms its northern boundary; and comprises 1691 acres. The soil is generally chalky, but fertile; the surface is varied, and the lower grounds are subject to occasional inundation from the river, on whose banks are some tracts of fine meadow-land. The living is a rectory, united to that of Durweston, and valued in the king's books at £8. 11. 5½.: the tithes have been commuted for £177.