BRUNTON, WEST, a township, in the parish of Gosforth, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 4¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Newcastle-upon-Tyne; containing 109 inhabitants. It is situated west of the road between Newcastle and Morpeth, and comprises by computation 1140 acres. The tithes have been commuted for £74. 3. payable to the Bishop of Carlisle, a similar sum to the Dean and Chapter, and £58. 9. to the vicar of Newcastle.