Brundish (St. Lawrence)
BRUNDISH (St. Lawrence,) a parish, in the union and hundred of Hoxne, E. division of Suffolk, 4½ miles (N. by W.) from Framlingham; containing 525 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, united to the vicarage of Tannington: the tithes have been commuted for £572, of which £467 are payable to the Bishop of Rochester, and £105 to the incumbent, who has also 10½ acres of glebe. The church is a handsome structure, chiefly in the later English style, with a square embattled tower: under an arched canopy in the north aisle is an altar-tomb, on which is an effigy, engraved in brass, of "Sir Esmonded de Burnedish," who died in 1349. A chantry was founded in the church, in the 7th of the reign of Richard II., by John de Pyeshall, for six chaplains.